Vbox 4144 - new users woes

BobBuxton

Vbox 4144 - new users woes

Post by BobBuxton » Sat Dec 12, 2020 8:14 pm

I have a number of significant issues with my new 4144!

- Every time I restart the reboot the box from standby the system time reset to 1970, I have set the system to use network time but the setting resets on reboot.
- Vbox live does not pick up correct current time if started before system time is corrected.
- Because of the time reset problem scheduled recordings failed.
- TV guide is excessively slow to reload (> 30Sec)
- TV guide is incomplete with numerous gaps making it impossible to schedule recordings and causing episodes to be missed in series recordings
- Remote is paired but Google assistant does not respond to voice. Response to button presses is inconsistent, some don't register
- Vbox live app cannot play live TV on Windows 10, Sound plays but no video on SD channels, HD no sound or video. (Vbox live app does work on vbox and android phone)
- Live TV web page does work on Windows in Pale Moon browser (supports VLC plugin) but some channels have different number than when viewed compared to app for example 51 is Sony Movie Christmas on app but 51 is CCXTV on web page, it is showing index in list instead of LCN.
- Some channels have been allocated LCNs greater than 23000, for example Sky Arts is LCN 23168 instead of 11

A 10 year old Humax work far better than the Vbox! :(

BobBuxton

Re: Vbox 4144 - new users woes

Post by BobBuxton » Sat Dec 19, 2020 5:03 pm

After installing 2.66.19 I no longer have the channel numbering issue, the time resetting to 1970 issue on startup and recordings after auto wakeup issue :)

I still have major problems with the EPG

It is still painfully slow waiting for the EPG to load (30 seconds)

Using the premium epg option:
While epg data for the lower numbered channels usually loads completely for 7 days I get no data at all for the higher numbered channels (>60) which includes all of the HD channels.

Using the "Live Signal with Channel Pairing" epg option.
Seems to provide full for today but I have noticed that there is very little epg data for the following days.
How frequently is the epg supposed to refresh itself with current data?

A PVR that cannot provide a responsive, complete an up to date EPG is not fit for purpose!

There are often last minute schedule changes due to overrunning sports and breaking news events and I am worried that without real time epg updates and use of the Accurate recording broadcast signals the vbox will be unable to respond

I have 102 TV channels and 30 radio channels in my channel list.

Can I set up favourite channel groups to reduce the amount of data and time taken to load the EPG?

For example:
Today (Saturday) OK -
SatEPG.jpg
OK
SatEPG.jpg (121.51 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Sun Crap -
SunEPG.jpg
Crap
SunEPG.jpg (91.37 KiB) Viewed 1296 times
Mon Crap - Similar to Sun
Tue OK -
TueEpg2.jpg
OK
TueEpg2.jpg (130.71 KiB) Viewed 1296 times

Ant

Post by Ant » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:40 pm

Well, i also was surprised with epg speed loading from device to my app VBRec with android version.
I was expecting of doing it much faster than 3442 as 4144 has 4 core cpu.

The only workaround i have for now is reduce number of days when getting epg.

BobBuxton

Post by BobBuxton » Sat Dec 19, 2020 7:04 pm

Ant wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:40 pm
Well, i also was surprised with epg speed loading from device to my app VBRec with android version.
I was expecting of doing it much faster than 3442 as 4144 has 4 core cpu.

The only workaround i have for now is reduce number of days when getting epg.
I currently have 5 days epg and what is really weird is that I have full EPG data for Saturday, Tuesday, and Wednesday but not for Sunday, and Monday.
It wouldn't be so bad if I had Saturday, Sunday and Monday.

Even when I reduce the EPG range to 3 days I still don't get Tomorrows data :(

A 10 year old Humax can easily display a full 8 day EPG