Just upgraded to V2.66, now static IP broken

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
AnotherAussie

Just upgraded to V2.66, now static IP broken

Post by AnotherAussie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:07 pm

I just upgraded my XTi-3442 to VJ.2.66 and now it won't remember the static IP address I assign in the "Network > Manage" screen.

The radio button changes from DHCP to Static but every time I click the "Change Network Settings" button it reverts back to the DHCP assigned IP address (obviously I also have "Change Settings - For Advanced Users" checked).

I do not have the VBox IP assigned manually in the router and the DHCP address is just taken randomly from the DHCP pool in the router, however I really need to set a static IP address to access the VBox remotely (without having to look up the DHCP address every time).

This was working in V2.65 but broken in V2.66

Tags:

AnotherAussie

Re: Just upgraded to V2.66, now static IP broken

Post by AnotherAussie » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:34 pm

Can someone give me a URL to download V2.65, I need to go back to the old firmware, thanks.

Or can I do that using the backup/restore feature?

Ant

Post by Ant » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:29 am

You can ask support about via mail.
You can check our unofficial telegram channel/group.

Also i have tried it with my 3442 and 2.66 - it behave like you describe when you choose button "After Reboot".
But you also need to reboot the device via Shutdown - Reboot.
So after restart it works with static IP fine.
Last edited by Ant on Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ant

Post by Ant » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:33 am

Also i have checked immediate "Now" button, it works fine too.
So i would say something is wrong with network, it might be you have already used your static ip with another device?

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:24 am

I have checked and there are no conflicts. And the IP address I'm trying to set does not respond to pings so no other device can be using it.

I map my LAN addresses in an Excel spreadsheet which I update before I set a static IP on any device.

The IP address I'm trying to set was the static IP of the VBox before I upgraded the firmware, I'm just trying to set it back to what it was before the upgrade.

I didn't try the "After Reboot" option but I will try that and see if it works.

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:19 am

No go, I just tried to set a static IP address using the "After Reboot" option, then going into "Shutdown > Restart" but when it restarts it grabs another IP address from the DHCP pool.

This makes it extremely hard to use, every time I want to access VBox I first need to log into my router and lookup the DHCP address.

I never had this problem with the old firmware, can someone PLEASE tell me where to download V2.65 so I can go back to a working version?

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Sun Nov 29, 2020 10:30 am

Can someone PLEASE let me know where I can find the older V2.65 firmware?

I am just about to throw this VBox out the window and go buy something else! I've never seen such poor support for a product in all my life.