Program split by short info break

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
DJB

Program split by short info break

Post by DJB » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:36 am

Hi guys. Still enjoying my vbox XTI 3442-21 (VJ.2.65), but have a problem recording programs from the EPG (UK terrestrial). Several channels (Ch5, ITV3, Sony Movies Action, 5star, ...) show a short break ~5min during films for various brief 'info' updates which mean selecting 'record' in kodi (Leia) (e.g. on firestick or Mac) or iPhone vbox app only selects part of the film. Splitting the film into 2 recordings is a pain, often with a bit being missed as not exact 5min 'info' program. Is there an easy way to record the full film from start of first part to end of 2nd part? The best way I've found so far is clicking on 1st part, selecting 'record', then once kodi or vbox app set the timer, re-select ie and 'edit timer', then manually setting manual one time recording and adjusting end time does work, but this is slow and frustrating when this is quite a common feature of the EPG. Any better ideas would be welcome, or ideally for the 3442 to recognise and do this automatically.
Thanks in advance,
Baz

Tags:

Ant

Re: Program split by short info break

Post by Ant » Sat Oct 31, 2020 11:28 am

You can try VBRec app.
Idea kinda same as you already have, but you can edit end time and name with a bit easy way by selecting manual button.

DJB

Post by DJB » Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:16 pm

To Vbox team - Any chance of an standard auto-fix for this problem? Manually doing each time is _really_ annoying... I guess it may need you and the Kodi or other app teams to enable this 'mini-break' spanning. Note recording the short break would be preferred so film is a single recording and doesn't risk missing bits from slight timing issues of the break.
Thank in advance (and thanks to Ant too)

BobBuxton

Post by BobBuxton » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:26 pm

If you use the premium epg option it ignores the info breaks and just list each film as a full length reocording