Additional Recording time (padding)

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
dhallam

Additional Recording time (padding)

Post by dhallam » Tue May 23, 2017 8:39 pm

Hi I am using kodi installs on 2 pc's and 1 nvidia shield install all running kodi 17 and I am having issues with the padding on the Vbox (running 2.5.7)

I have set the Additional Recording time in the Vbox to 2 minutes which is fine, but whenever i set a recording from any of the kodi clients this then re-sets back to 0 and 0 minutes.

And even if i set this on the client individually to 1 minuet either way, it seems to ignore this setting in the scheduled recordings section when it goes to the Vbox.

Why does the setting on the vbox not take priority over the clients, nor if the setting is 1 min or 5 mins on the client why the vbox gets re-set back to 0

I would like just to set the padding to 2 mins both start and finish on all devices which would be better and easier to do on the Vbox itself.

Cheers for any enlightenment

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Additional Recording time (padding)

Post by admin@vbox » Wed May 24, 2017 12:01 pm

Hi @dhallam
Thanks for bringing this to our attention,
It seems that Kodi doesn't read the padding parameters from the VBox and only sets it.
For now I suggest that you will set the same padding on all your Kodi devices manually,
Then set a timer on Kodi - this will pass the padding setting from Kodi to the VBox and will set it on the VBox to the same values
As all your Kodi devices will have the same padding values it should be ok

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 am

I'm trying to figure out how these settings are applied (only within Vbox, no Kodi nor Plex).

Are the delay settings locked-in when the recording is scheduled, or are they "live" (taken when the recording starts, or ends)?

If I schedule a recording shortly before the program begins and don't change the delay settings then it seems to work as advertised, but if I schedule a recording and then change the delay setting it seems to revert any future scheduled recordings to the 0/0 setting?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have trouble recording two sequential programs on the same channel.

Because we can't have an overlap (same tuner used for both) I've been trying to set the first recording at 5/0 so it starts early but ends on time, but then once it begins recording I need to change the setting to 0/5 so the second recording starts on time but ends late.

This seems to confuse the Vbox and everything reverts to the 0/0 setting?

The other question I have is, the "Scheduled Recordings" list has the times and dates in text boxes but the text cannot be edited, is this able to be changed via a setting somewhere?

If I was able to edit the start and finish times manually it would be much easier than fiddling around with the padding settings during recordings.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:32 am

Hi
On which application are you using ?

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Mon Jan 27, 2020 12:06 pm

I have an XTi-3442 on software version XTI_VJ.2.65, and I'm simply logging in using the Vbox's IP Address via Firefox to change settings, then still using Firefox, I schedule recordings via <IPaddress>/livetv/

Ant

Post by Ant » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:22 pm

AnotherAussie wrote:
Sun Jan 26, 2020 7:43 am
The other question I have is, the "Scheduled Recordings" list has the times and dates in text boxes but the text cannot be edited, is this able to be changed via a setting somewhere?

If I was able to edit the start and finish times manually it would be much easier than fiddling around with the padding settings during recordings.
Looks like you use record feature often.
Try VBRec app for Android/iPhone.
It can let you add text or change time easy while initial setup record.

AnotherAussie

Post by AnotherAussie » Thu Feb 06, 2020 11:47 pm

One of the ABC channels here has a thing called "Best Fest" where they will screen a full season or more of a particular show each day over a 6-8 hour period, back-to-back, ad-free, and with as little as a 15 second station ID between episodes.

Fortunately, they are almost always on-schedule with the EPG times, but with the current Vbox software not having the ability to overlap the padding with sequential shows on the same channel, it makes things very hard.

I'm trying to juggle the padding settings manually, starting with 5/0 minutes for the first program, then changing to 0/0 for the middle programs, then finally 0/5 minutes for the last program.

I now suspect that the padding settings are locked-in when the recording starts, because any changes I make don't seem to affect the end-time of any recording currently in progress.

If I was able to edit the text boxes with the start & end times I could just record multiple episodes (on the same channel) all in the same recording/file, then split the episodes later in my editing suite.

EDIT: I don't use my phone for anything but phone calls and SMS, so I'm not really looking to use third-party phone apps. I think that's just making things more complicated.