VBox Kodi and BST (British Summer Time) change

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
simpz

VBox Kodi and BST (British Summer Time) change

Post by simpz » Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:19 am

Hi
I have XTI_VB.2.59 on an XTi-3332. Last weekend we went though the clock change (with the rest of Europe) from GMT to BST (British Summer Time).
The VBox doesn't seem to perform this change itself (which is in itself a strange limitation) . So as in previous years I have changed the timezone from GMT to "GMT +01:00" and everything seems happy on the VBox with this. I sync time to my internal NTP server on the VBox if that is significant.

The strange thing is my Kodi box (a rpi running LibreElec) on first boot gets the correct time and zone (this also syncs with my same internal NTP), but during the boot when it says starting PVR backend (which is my VBox addon) the clock goes back an hour (to the GMT time). This looks like a timezone issue, as if I go into the Kodi/LibreElec timezone settings and toggle off British and back onto British, everything is fine until next boot.

So is the VBox addon changing the timezone? And why and how can I stop it?

Tags:

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: VBox Kodi and BST (British Summer Time) change

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Apr 07, 2019 8:48 am

Hi try to set the time usung TDT
Live Signal (TDT) go to System>manage

simpz

Post by simpz » Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:21 pm

If I switch to TDT should I set the timezone to GMT or GMT+1 , given we are now in BST?

Why should this make a difference? Shouldn't this just set the box the same way as NTP (and given you still need to set the timezone)?

simpz

Post by simpz » Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:05 am

I switched to TDT and with GMT+1 and this issue still occurs. Is there anyway to say to the vbox plugin, don't touch my kodi clock?