Network connection on OSX Mac

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
GeoffatMM
Network connection on OSX Mac

Post by GeoffatMM » Sun May 09, 2021 6:51 pm

I have suffered this problem since buying my VBox some years ago. I have overcome it with various patched solutions but they all eventually fail. The latest has failed as the software was 32 bit and is no longer responding on the 64 bit machine.

I am a Mac user. The only windows machine have is a Virtual Box machine (another VBox!) I use for accounts and that is too complex to use and regularly fails to receive network connections. I have set up the Macs to work in a workgroup but there is no domain setting that can be inserted.

I am trying to set up a remote server for managing my EPG and recordings files. I can get it to work using a samba server on the Mac but as I said that has now failed me. I have asked for an access route to the USB connection on the VBox (Kodi and others are able to a access it but not us users) but my requests fall on deaf ears. Has anyone solved a solid working network connection to the VBox server on a Mac? If so can they share it with me?

If I use the vanilla OSX networking systems (supposedly SMB driven now) all my machines can see and talk to each other......except the VBox server. It refuses to use the netbios names and also refuses to use the ip addresses (on a manual setting). if I try the wizard, the first thing it asks for is to select a domain but no domain is shown (it was shown when I used a patched samba server but not on the basic OSX stup) so I cannot get past the first screen to access the computers in the workgroup.

is there a way to tell the VBox it is in a workgroup?

can anyone help me. This is a long term and frustrating problem that stops me using the VBox to its full potential.

Geoff
Geoff

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Network connection on OSX Mac

Post by admin@vbox » Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 am

The Xti3330/3340/3342 is not manufature any more and not been supported for some years
isseeu canot been refleted , this been allready noted by our support team

GeoffatMM

Post by GeoffatMM » Tue May 11, 2021 1:13 pm

OK. If it is discontinued, can I have the username and password that allows me to ssh into the server because I could then set up a direct network connection and use the USB point.

What is the current equivalent model and have these issues been resolved for it?

Geoff
Geoff

GeoffatMM

Post by GeoffatMM » Tue May 11, 2021 1:21 pm

Also, I am currently running XTI_VB.2.59 but when I try to download XTI_VB.2.66 google drive says the page is not found. How can I get a copy of the latest software version please?
Geoff

Ant

Post by Ant » Sat Jun 05, 2021 7:56 am

admin@vbox wrote:
Mon May 10, 2021 6:20 am
The Xti3330/3340/3342 is not manufature any more and not been supported for some years
isseeu canot been refleted , this been allready noted by our support team
If device is not supported anymore, why not share all the information about.
Fw, sdk, passwords etc.
To let the community works with it if device becomes non profitable.