Firetv still supported?

VBox Live TV for iSO, Android, Windows 10, Kodi PVR add-on
JonBest

Firetv still supported?

Post by JonBest » Tue May 07, 2019 10:00 pm

The Firetv app I have installed hasn't been updated in over a year and I can't even see it in the Amazon app store anymore (it's never worked properly anyway tbh)

Has it been abandoned?

With the Kodi add-on not working fully with Leia (no rewind ability anymore) & the web player seemingly unusable in newer browsers how are home users expected to view content & record?

I'm currently using Emby to schedule recordings & watch them through Kodi.

Just curious what the official word is on this? No way could I recommend a VBox to friends or family with things as they are currently.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Firetv still supported?

Post by admin@vbox » Wed May 08, 2019 11:10 am

Hi
the VBox app is working great ,and you can find it og google store
you can contact our support team and they will send you the APK to install it on your device
Im affraied since Amzaon has prefferd to push Amazon brands well .... you can figure the rest by your self

JonBest

Post by JonBest » Wed May 08, 2019 1:54 pm

Thanks for the reply, after reading this I found the APK and sideloaded it but the Guide did not display and I had issues with the audio echoing after moving between the channel that was playing, the empty guide & then back to the channel again.

The guide also does not display on my phone using the newer app but strangely shows fine using the Legacy app & also shows up fine in Kodi?

TBH though its Kodi which I would prefer to use which brings me to another question.

Who is developing the VBox PVR addon? Is it VBox or someone unrelated?

There are issues with it not fully working on Leia (no rewind functionality) which has now been around for a long time (betas, RC etc) & if they have not fixed it by now i'm guessing it may never be fixed. With Kodi "Matrix" now in development its a bit worrying that it hasn't been resolved yet.

The Kodi forum for this addon is not very active at all & neither is the Github discussions?

As VBox advertise that it works with Kodi with this functionality is it not in VBox's interest to fix the addon? Or if this is not an official VBox addon develop one themselves?

Thanks

JonBest

Post by JonBest » Mon May 13, 2019 1:13 pm

Hello?

I notice i'm the second person in the last few months to ask this and receive no reply?