Recording Path

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
Branksome27

Recording Path

Post by Branksome27 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:29 am

Previously I have used a 5 year old Synology NAS onto which I record TV programmes from VBOX

I have now replaced NAS with a new Synology NAS and have an issue which appears to be unique to VBOX compared to my other client devices which connect to the NAS. When I reboot VBOX (which I have to do frequently to make sure it is reliable) it cannot reconnect to the NAS. This appears to be because it has dropped the log in details. The message it gets is "Mount error - key has expired". This means I have to re-enter the username and pw each time.

Other devices remember these details and connect without problem and I think VBOX should do the same

An alternative would be to log in using nfs which doesn't require a password but this doesn't seem to work. Can you confirm that VBOX doesn't support nfs? My other clients (Kodi etc) can connect via nfs

Thanks

Branksome27

Re: Recording Path

Post by Branksome27 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:39 am

I should have added to my above post that on rebooting, VBOX deletes all of the recording schedules so these have to be re-entered.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Tue Oct 02, 2018 9:56 am

Hi try to use this thread to get more help
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=85

Branksome27

Post by Branksome27 » Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Thankyou admin@vbox but my problem seems a bit different. I have no problem setting the recording path to my NAS via the manual entry //DISKSTATION2/video/Recorded TV with a user id and pw. The problem is when I reboot VBOX (something I have to do quite frequently) it fails to reconnect to the NAS Mount error (13) and permission denied. So I have to re enter the id and password but VBOX has lost all of the recording schedules. None of the other clients have this problem using smb when the id and password is only given at initial setup. My assumption is that on reboot, VBOX is not remembering or resending the id and password

norm15

Post by norm15 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:18 pm

I have a WD MyBook Live and on 3 occasions my VBox has lost connection to it. Every time I have gone into the web client of VBox, entered the username and password and it has reconnected.

This sounds like the same issue to me.

I believe it happened this week when I rebooted my router. I didn't reboot either my NAS or VBox.

Upon reconnecting none of my scheduled recordings were listed, but when I checked the next day they had been restored, so maybe this would be the case for you if you waited?

It would be really great if VBox could email me when the NAS connection is lost. Unfortunately I missed some recordings, as I didn't realise for 2 days.