[URGENT] Vbox useless permanently hanged waiting for vtrack.sitehood.co.il (which is gone!)

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
aldernexa

[URGENT] Vbox useless permanently hanged waiting for vtrack.sitehood.co.il (which is gone!)

Post by aldernexa » Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:26 pm

Hi

Please help - someone at vbox decided to kill the update server my vbox tries to connect to (vtrack.sitehood.co.il it would seem) and in a double whammy of brilliance, vbox programmers don't seem to have considered the possibility that their box might not be able to find the xti_vb.xml update file it's looking for one day!!!! (This is kinda stupid guys, I mean surely you code for a failure state with a network retrievable file!) - so it hangs and hangs waiting for a server that only says this:

"404 Not Found
nginx"

I tried to do a reset to factory defaults today to troubleshoot some issues and now I have a completely unusable device, which I'm not too happy about, because I cannot get past the update check in the Quick Setup sequence. Why wouldn't you code a timeout in case the device can't find the update file???????

I need an urgent fix please - presumably I missed an update somehow? Hopefully you can send me a new firmware ASAP so I can get up and running again as TV is now dead :(

Thanks

Info below:

Board Information
Serial Number 000000 000000 001640 643674
Hardware Revision H0
Manufacture ID 0827
Product Number 3342
Product Name 3342-21

Software Versions
Software Version XTI_VB.2.57
Linux 2.6.32.42_stm24_V4.0-HDK7111_7111-STSDK
Kernel Image VB04
Boot Loader Image 2.1.20
Disk Image IVB-2.0-25

Tags:

VBsupport

Re: [URGENT] Vbox useless permanently hanged waiting for vtrack.sitehood.co.il (which is gone!)

Post by VBsupport » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:37 am

hello

please contact our support via email to receive the latest fw with a fix to your issue.

best regards

vbox support