Error message and Locking up - forces setup wizard

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
ched999uk

Error message and Locking up - forces setup wizard

Post by ched999uk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:53 pm

Only received the box today so probably noob mistakes.
As I am able to receive terrestrial tv from multiple transmitters I did a manual scan of just the muxes I want. I have added a few channel logos (does this slow a guide down?)
Tried a couple of recordings all OK on the USB mains powered hard drive all OK.
But if I try and do a few things in the Settings Menu it seems to lock up and crash, sometimes with 'ERROR 465: Could not open streamer proxy'. When it starts responding again it says I must re run the setup wizard. If I click cancel after a few mins it is back but going at a snails pace.

I had a look at the logs and here is what it says but it repeats about 10 times a second:
Mar 13 23:30:50 vboxDaemon: (563) [VBADPTSE] [C] ADPTSE_GetFreeBuffer() - no more free buffers left for tuner=0 slotNum=0
Mar 13 23:30:50 vboxDaemon: (563) [PLATFORM] [E] PGMDATAi_ProcessPackets(0): ERROR !!! CAN'T GET Free buffer from adptse !!!

Then when trying to navigate the settings menu I get the following error message 'ERROR 465: Could not open streamer proxy'

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Also using an Amazon Fire stick via the VBox App on Amazon, live tv and recording playback is was fine but clicking on the guide then full guide causes the app to crash. Is it less processor intensive to not have channel logos? How do I configure the 'MyGuide' and might that cause the Fire Sticks an easier time?

If I select reboot the 90 sec countdown goes and it comes back and it is all working again.
So what am I doing wrong to get the
ERROR 465: Could not open streamer proxy
and
Mar 13 23:30:50 vboxDaemon: (563) [VBADPTSE] [C] ADPTSE_GetFreeBuffer() - no more free buffers left for tuner=0 slotNum=0
Mar 13 23:30:50 vboxDaemon: (563) [PLATFORM] [E] PGMDATAi_ProcessPackets(0): ERROR !!! CAN'T GET Free buffer from adptse !!!

Thanks for any suggestions.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Error message and Locking up - forces setup wizard

Post by admin@vbox » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:56 am

Hi @ched999uk
In order to better understand the issue as you can easily replicate it can you please do the following
1. Reboot the VBox
2. Go to logging settings and press the clear all log
3. replicate the issue
4. Once you start receving the error messages go back to the logging setting page - at the bottom of the page you will find an option to save all logs please save all the logs including the configuration option and send us the zip file

In addition please let us know step by step what you did in order to crash the streamer server

As to your FireTV stick - it may be a bit slow for HD channels and the guide page - not sure if adding the icons is the cause
You can narrow the number of channels (MyGuide) by going to the app setting and select your favorite channels

ched999uk

Re: Error message and Locking up - forces setup wizard

Post by ched999uk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:16 pm

Thanks very much for such a swift reply.
After leaving it overnight and using the correct app on mobile (legacy one) and Pink one on tablet etc it seems to have settled down perfectly now. So I guess it was just me trying to push things too fast :)

The fire stick I was only using SD streaming. I think I have found the setting for favourite channels in the app so I will give that a try. Thanks

Once again thanks very much for providing quick support it is very nice to see.