Channel Display and Options on Manage Channels screen

What do you want to see come next?
tarmacalastair

Channel Display and Options on Manage Channels screen

Post by tarmacalastair » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:29 pm

Hi,

Since recent channel lineup changes in UK Freeview I am now finding the Manage Channels and Add Channels screens very limited.

Please can we have:
  • An extra column in the list (maybe under Advanced) to show the RF frequency for each TV channel in the list. This way I can quickly see which RF frequencies I need to scan. Also some channels are repeated on different RF frequencies - see picture below where ITV is found on 3 different frequencies but you can't tell which one is which.
    Scanning only the frequencies I need is much quicker as there are so many TV channels I do not want to see, ever!
  • Ability to remove individual TV channels, not just untick them
  • Ability to scan an RF frequency to look for new or changed TV channels only (and not delete all existing ones). This would enable me to simply add new or changed channels to my lineup
  • Ability to change Audio and Subtiltle Language after scanning for channels which are off-air during the scanning process (see viewtopic.php?f=10&t=376)
Selection_234.jpg
Selection_234.jpg (41.31 KiB) Viewed 898 times

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Channel Display and Options on Manage Channels screen

Post by admin@vbox » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:04 pm

Hi @tarmacalastair
I have moved your post to our future request list, so that your suggestions will not get lost
Thank you for providing these suggestions

ched999uk

Post by ched999uk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:47 pm

My Vbox has just arrived and i have the same issue. Multiple versions of the channels but no way to know which broadcast channel they are on so I can't untick the poor reception ones.
This page : http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/coveragechec ... t/405/0/NA shows all the different transmitters that I might pick up. I normally use the Winter Hill one as it is closest.
It would be good to either just tune in the mux channels from my local tx or as above list the broadcast mux ch number ie. 26 - 56 then I could at least not show the fringe channels?

ched999uk

Post by ched999uk » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:25 pm

Just had a crash and it said I had to run the setup again!
Anyway I noticed the manual tune!!! You can just select the CH numbers that you want to tune. So it should just give 1 set of channels.

Now I just need to work out how to do the MY GUIDE for the Amazon Fire Sticks as the full guide crashes the app.

ched999uk

Post by ched999uk » Wed Mar 14, 2018 6:37 pm

Just thought that maybe all that needs changing is a 'manual scan' button on the Add Channel page that deletes all scan data and then just scans the MUX CH you need.

techdoctor

Post by techdoctor » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:52 pm

A delete channel option would be great, rather than just untick it in the list.
Also displaying frequency of channel. Having to sift through loads of ITV channels to try and find the correct one isn't fun.
I know these have been suggested before, but just wanted to emphasize the fact.
Vbox XTI-3334. SW Ver 2.58

bababarold

Post by bababarold » Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:27 am

I too struggled with this and the adding of a frequency would be useful. Indeed I found the whole process practically impossible - I have a box with both satellite and terrestrial and ended up with a large mess.

After struggling with this screen when it seemed not only to be slow but also very unstable with changes not saved when the box was rebooted.

I gave up and edited in an sqlite editor and deleted many lines but find that the epg data doesn't totally link. When loading from file the original screen still remains meaning that it is not possible to use it. Listing by lcn doesn't work and this also applies to the Windows app which ends up with a mess on the guide.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:49 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Your request to add a frequency next to the channel in the channels manager is already on our wish list.

The ability to remove individual TV channels:
Unfortunately keeping the current selection of channels, audio and subtitles when rescanning a frequency is not possible.

Selected channels:
If you would like to see only your selected channels, in the setup menu, under Streaming, there is Manage Channels, on the upper left corner there is a box, Display only selected channels, tick it, you can also undo it by unticking it.

The ability to change audio and subtitles after scanning for channels which are off air:
After scanning we store the data on each channel, off air channels are broadcasted without audio and subtitles information, the system is built to make changes only if the information exists.

We suggest updating to the latest version 2.59 and 1.11 for the Android app.

Regards,
VBox support team