Manual record programmation and power management

What do you want to see come next?
hj_fr

Manual record programmation and power management

Post by hj_fr » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 pm

I recently bought a XTI-3442.
The device works perfectly (dvb-T/T2, mpeg4, hevc, recording on NAS, ...)
But, I have 2 requests/questions:
1) Is a way to program a record (start time, stop time, channel) from the configuration web interface ? Recording on NFS share will added ?
2) Is there exist a standby or sleep mode to reduce power consumption if the device is unused ? (I measure, approximately, with a wattmeter: 12W in active streaming and 9W device just powered on (no streaming)).

lgnch

Re: Manual record programmation and power management

Post by lgnch » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi HJ_fr

1) the only way to do it from the web interface is using the watch tv now and going to the guide , selecting the channel and program, then series record, then manual to set the day and time you want. There is currently no other way; you may want to suggest it as a feature request.

2) No. Currently there is no sleep mode. Again this would be a good feature request.

tarmacalastair

Post by tarmacalastair » Fri Mar 31, 2017 4:21 pm

+1 for recording to NFS please...

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:33 am

hj_fr wrote:
Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:46 pm

1) Is a way to program a record (start time, stop time, channel) from the configuration web interface ? Recording on NFS share will added ?
You have a number of options
a. Using Kodi and the VBox TV Gateway - you can set a manual timer (for a single program) or manual series timer (for recurrent recording)
b. From any of the VBox apps - go to the Guide page - press on a program that has no program information and press recording, you will be able to edit the start / stop and title of the recording
c. From any of the VBox apps - go to the Guide page - press on any program and press series, choose manual - you will be able to edit the start / stop and title of the recording
d. Recording on NFS share - we will look into this
2) Is there exist a standby or sleep mode to reduce power consumption if the device is unused ? (I measure, approximately, with a wattmeter: 12W in active streaming and 9W device just powered on (no streaming)).
- This is not currently available. However, it's a great idea. In fact, we already have this in our development pipeline as it was suggested before as well. The more times an item is mentioned by our users the higher we prioritize it and the faster we will get it done - so this just got upvoted

tarmacalastair

Post by tarmacalastair » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:31 am

Yes please for power management.

For example, I don't need anything (entertainment related) in my house switched on between midnight and 0800 ever so it would be great to be able to power it off on a schedule.

Even better still would be support for WOL and wakeup on a timer for recordings like my MythTV PC has reliably done for 10 years. That way if I ever do want to record anything in the middle of the night the PC wakes up, records and then powers off afterwards.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:34 am

@tarmacalastair - well noted, it's on our roadmap and I have just up voted it

Ant

Post by Ant » Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:43 am

Wow, nfs support is good idea.
Sleepmode is awesome too.

tarmacalastair

Post by tarmacalastair » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:17 pm

Quick questn on the power management:

Is it safe to pull the plug on the Vbox at night without shutting it down from the browser setup screen? I want to switch it off at night but at the monent the only way to automate this would be to connect a timer switch to the power socket and set this to turn off at a fixed time.

If not, is there a script you can provide to shut it down cleanly please?

Thanks.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:57 am

It is not recommended to pull the plug out of the VBox, this can result in corrupting one of the VBox databases

You can try using the below http command to shutdown the VBox's software and once you resume power the VBox will turn on again – the script only shutdown the TV Gateway OS, while the device remains on
a. http://<VBox IP>/cgi-bin/ManageApp/ManageApp?OPTION=43&shutdown_action=Shutdown+System+
b. You can set the VBox IP to your internal IP or to your external IP (if you set the remote access)

tarmacalastair

Post by tarmacalastair » Tue Apr 25, 2017 8:35 am

Thanks, I'll try that out.