Multiple Vbox Tv Gateways

What do you want to see come next?
dhallam

Multiple Vbox Tv Gateways

Post by dhallam » Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:13 pm

Hi as many I have a busy household with 4 kodi installs and running a single Vbox Tv gateway unit sometimes is not enough.
What would be excellent is to add a second TV Gateway, but have one unit as a master and one unit as a secondary unit, that takes all the settings from the master and just provides 2 more tuners available.

Fingers crossed, to get another vbox ordered :-)

Ant

Re: Multiple Vbox Tv Gateways

Post by Ant » Sun Mar 12, 2017 6:33 pm

Intresting, but i suppose in this case vboxes must be same model or at least same tuners.

I was thinking about different devices on one network but same playlist that combines channels between them in groups or something.
As example one of 3342 is used for dvb-t2 air, second one works with cable provider dvb-c third may works with dvb-s/s2.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 am

Hi Ant
You can combine multiple VBoxs even different models into a single playlist - simply open the m3u8 link on each device and save both lists into one big list
Then you will be able to use apps such as VLC or Kodi with IPTV Simple PVR addon to get the list

Ant

Post by Ant » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:06 pm

admin@vbox wrote:
Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:25 am
Hi Ant
You can combine multiple VBoxs even different models into a single playlist - simply open the m3u8 link on each device and save both lists into one big list
Then you will be able to use apps such as VLC or Kodi with IPTV Simple PVR addon to get the list
That what i am doing sometimes when combininig different sources, but it needs my attention and manual work.