Separate DVB-T and DVB-S Epg sources

What do you want to see come next?
emaherx

Separate DVB-T and DVB-S Epg sources

Post by emaherx » Wed Feb 08, 2017 7:22 pm

Hi,

Great product, but I have one minor issue. I Receive Irish DTT (Saorview) which has a good OTA EPG, however I also receive UK FTA (Freesat) channels and use an XMLTV file to populate the Freesat EPG. If I choose Live Signal as EPG source I get Saorview EPG only and if I chose XMLTV I get Freesat EPG only. In Vbox Kodi App however I can combine both sources into a single EPG. So from my TV's I have the full guide but not from browsers or mobile App.

I could of coarse add the Saorview Data to my XMLTV file if I could find a good source for my EPG grabber (WebGrab+) but have not yet found a reliable source for this.

Thanks

lgnch

Re: Separate DVB-T and DVB-S Epg sources

Post by lgnch » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:54 pm

This problem is because of the information being in two separate files and your live data is not including the freesat info - we saw this in NZ with Sky in the early days. You need to find a source that includes both, or manually copy the data from the XML sources into one XML file and then upload it using your local share.

I did a look for you on the net and found this seems a common issue in your area. If I find a xml file for you I will post it here.

emaherx

Post by emaherx » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:12 pm

Thanks lgnch,

I found an online source for the Saorview EPG data and have created a single XML file now.
So my EPG data is fully populated :)

However I still think it would be a nice feature to be able to select a different EPG source for each tuner type. Like I said the Kodi Vbox app allows it but not the boxes native EPG.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:46 pm

Hi @emaherx thank you for this suggestion, we are looking into adding split source support into one of our future software updates