New VBox Live Channels app for Android TV

General discussion and questions about VBox and VBox products
nepo

New VBox Live Channels app for Android TV

Post by nepo » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:28 pm

hi
A little question!
Read on google play :
Setup your VBox - works with VBox TV Gateway XTi-3442, requires FW version 2.59 and above
Is there a new version 2.59 ?

Bye nepo
vbox xti 3442 (cable) version 2.58 with usb device
Raspberry/Raspbian with Kodi 17, Mobil with Android 7, Amd64 Ubuntu16.4

Ant

Re: New VBox Live Channels app for Android TV

Post by Ant » Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:38 pm

And what about android version?
Can't forund it via 4.4 or 5.1 devices.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:18 am

@napo - It's an upcoming release still in Beta, once it is out users of XTi-3442 and XTi-3342 will be able to run quick setup directly from the app
@Ant - this is an Android TV app and is not available on the regular Android play store

dannyscarb

Post by dannyscarb » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Hi, I've just received my XTi-3442 and I've just got it setup and working with your new live channels app on my Nvidia Shield TV. I''m running into a couple of issues though and I hope you can help.

Hopefully, all of these issues can be resolved by a firmware update as my box is currently using version XTI_VJ.2.57 and I have noticed that this app requires 2.59.

1) When I start watching a channel the tuner is locked to that channel/frequency and therefore when I try to view another channel I receive an error "No tuner available (17)"

2) Pressing record crashes the application (I'm currently using a NAS for recordings)

3) Only 2 days worth of Freeview guide data is available even though I have set 14 days

Are you able to provide me with the latest firmware to try out?

Many thanks,
Danny.

Ant

Post by Ant » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:55 am

dannyscarb wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 pm
1) When I start watching a channel the tuner is locked to that channel/frequency and therefore when I try to view another channel I receive an error "No tuner available (17)"
Any other watchers at the same time?
3) Only 2 days worth of Freeview guide data is available even though I have set 14 days
It's not vbox issue, lenght of epg data is depends from freeview provider.
As example, in my area rtrs company that doing terrestrial provide only 4 days of epg, you can't get it just because it's not present.
If you can get xml guide from another sources for your channels, vbox can download it and use.

dannyscarb

Post by dannyscarb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:20 am

Ant wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:55 am
dannyscarb wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:54 pm

Any other watchers at the same time?
No other watchers, it's like the gateway doesn't release the frequency/channel when I change channels.
It's not vbox issue, lenght of epg data is depends from freeview provider.
As example, in my area rtrs company that doing terrestrial provide only 4 days of epg, you can't get it just because it's not present.
If you can get xml guide from another sources for your channels, vbox can download it and use.
I've actually moved from Tvheadend which just used over the air guide data and I didn't come across this then. I might not of configured my gateway correctly because only a few channels were matched under the settings page. I changed this last night so I will give it a test today.

Thanks for getting back to me though. Just taking about Android phone apps for a second, Are you aware of any third party apps which I can use to setup recordings?

I used to use this app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .tvhclient) but it doesn't work with Vbox.

nepo

Post by nepo » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:00 am

hi
but it doesn't work with Vbox
It can't work; With TVheadend you use only the vbox playlist (m3u), it's a independent program. With google TVheadend app, you can configure TVheadend. To configure vbox use the vbox apps or the setting page.

Bye nepo
vbox xti 3442 (cable) version 2.58 with usb device
Raspberry/Raspbian with Kodi 17, Mobil with Android 7, Amd64 Ubuntu16.4

VBsupport

Post by VBsupport » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:34 am

another option can be using kodi on your android device

VBsupport

Post by VBsupport » Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:40 am

system>interface settings>skin>configure skin>touch mode.

dannyscarb

Post by dannyscarb » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:02 am

nepo wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:00 am
hi
but it doesn't work with Vbox
It can't work; With TVheadend you use only the vbox playlist (m3u), it's a independent program. With google TVheadend app, you can configure TVheadend. To configure vbox use the vbox apps or the setting page.

Bye nepo
Sorry, I think you might have misunderstood, I wasn't using vbox tvgateway with Tvheadend, I had a tvheadend backend on a raspberry pi. What I''m looking for a quick way to create series recordings on my phone. Are you aware of any other third party apps that would be compatible?