Problem series recording

General discussion and questions about VBox and VBox products
echelon22

Problem series recording

Post by echelon22 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:21 pm

Often vbox loses the connection to the directory on the NAS to record for which it loses the scheduled recordings. Is there anything I can do?

Tags:

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Problem series recording

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:29 pm

It sounds like you may have network issues
It is important to have a stable LAN connection between the VBox and your NAS
I recommend identifying the cause of the disconnection

echelon22

Post by echelon22 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:03 pm

I have a strange new problem.
Now the system regularly registers on a Buffalo NAS. But when I try to see it from the Smart TV (Panasonic Viera) I can not control the vision.
However, if I delete the recording from the VBOX interface (it puts it in the trash), then I can control the vision without problems. I do not understand what I can depend on. Evidently it is not the format. Suggestions?
Thank's you

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:36 am

Hi @echelon22
To better understand the issue, can you please let me know how do you play the recordings on your Panasonic?
Also do you have the same issue using one of the VBox live TV apps on any device? tablet, smartphone, Windows, etc...

echelon22

Post by echelon22 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:47 am

I understood the problem. The media server indexes the recording as soon as it is created, so it only sees it for a few seconds and it is no longer possible to drive it. When I move the recording to trash then it reindexes it completely and it works.
Now I insert a 'future request' about the recordings to be able to launch a command at the end of the recording itself, or the option to record it in temporary file and to run every x seconds the copy in the directory so that the media server always sees it as new and index it correctly.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:17 am

Hi @echelon22
I'd like to better understand the issue
When the VBox records, it creates a file that is continuously updated during the recording
This allows the VBox live TV to play the file even while it is recorded.

If you are not using the VBox live TV apps - then, can you please let me know what app are you using and how it is indexing the recording folder
Maybe you can delay the indexing to every few hours this way your app will index the recording long after it ends?

echelon22

Post by echelon22 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:26 am

I'm using only a DLNA media server, so it's him to index badly and I have no way to delay indexing or redo it. I do not use an App but from the Smart TV I access directly to the media server that sees the file as if it were only 15 '' even at the end of the recording for this I can not drive it (back and forth).

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Thu Jan 25, 2018 8:43 am

Any way you can force index update (i.e rescan)
We will discuss this internally but there are pro and cons to both directions,
I also suggest that you will contact your DLNA media server support and see if they can help

echelon22

Post by echelon22 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:38 am

Unfortunately, the media server assistance replied that there are no ways. The rescan checks only the directory, so, once indexed the first time, it does not check the update date for which it keeps the last indexing. The only thing is to move the file to another directory.
My idea is if it were possible to insert the possibility of adding a optional script at the end of the recording in order to force the movement . Unfortunately there is no possibility for viewing the recording in progress, except from the PC or app

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:11 am

Hi @echelon22
I have added your request to our future feature list. The more times an item is mentioned by our users the higher we prioritize it and the faster we will get it done.