questions from a prospective purchser

General discussion and questions about VBox and VBox products
Theendisnye

questions from a prospective purchser

Post by Theendisnye » Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:41 am

I am looking to purchase a Freeview PVR and wanted to find out if the Vbox meets my requirements so I have a few questions;

1. Can the vbox serve up HD recordings via DLNA or are they encrypted and not visible.
2. Do I have to manually download the EPG for the next 7 days or is it all automated.
3. If recording a programme and it gets delayed does the recording time change automatically
4. If I am recording a series does it automatically record the next episode or does it record a specific channel, date and time and they always have to be the same.
5. Can the EPG be searched to select a show to record / signify that the show is set to record
6. Can recorded TV shows be searched and then show all episodes of a series to select which one to view
7. Can it run be run with no attached TV ad all recordings, deletions etc done through the apps and viewing through DLNA / apps.

Thanks for any help that you can provide.

Steve

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: questions from a prospective purchser

Post by admin@vbox » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:15 pm

Theendisnye wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:41 am

1. Can the vbox serve up HD recordings via DLNA or are they encrypted and not visible. --> Yes you can watch recording
2. Do I have to manually download the EPG for the next 7 days or is it all automated. --> Automatically over the air
3. If recording a programme and it gets delayed does the recording time change automatically --> The EPG is updated once a day
4. If I am recording a series does it automatically record the next episode or does it record a specific channel, date and time and they always have to be the same. --> Both options are available, we support series ID where available, otherwise the recording will setup manually

5. Can the EPG be searched to select a show to record / signify that the show is set to record --> This feature is on our roadmap, however you can use 3rd party apps such as MythTV
6. Can recorded TV shows be searched and then show all episodes of a series to select which one to view --> This feature is on our roadmap, however you can use 3rd party apps such as MythTV
7. Can it run be run with no attached TV ad all recordings, deletions etc done through the apps and viewing through DLNA / apps. --> if you mean ad skipping than this feature is not supported

I hope that you will join our TV revolution