Plex live tv

General discussion and questions about VBox and VBox products
andrewellis

Plex live tv

Post by andrewellis » Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:43 pm

I have been running some tests to see if it would work with Plex and am putting this out here so no-one else has to go through the same.

The long and short of it is that it works. I have written a little proxy in swift based on tvhproxy that sits in the middle and gives Plex what it wants to see. Placing the stream URLs that are contained in the vbox channel file into the channels list sent on to Plex works. If you are using a proxy and manually enter your IP address in the box then it still won't show an available tuner. However, the continue button will now work. I wasted 4 hours as I didn't notice this. Remember to include the port as it won't use the default HDHomeRun one.

The main problem that will make it a non-starter for me and I guess quite a few people is that all my hardware is based around Apple kit. They don't natively support MPEG-2 and I was hoping that the Plex guys might have put something from ffmpeg or similar to be able to play the streams natively on the ipad/iphone without transcoding. My DS415+ server maxes out on CPU to transcode real time so it is a non-starter for watching live tv without a reasonably specced computer sitting in the middle.

I am hoping that they might implement something to livestream the common formats from around the world as it would make it a much more useful solution.

Dylan Cooper

Re: Plex live tv

Post by Dylan Cooper » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:08 pm

Nice thread, i really want to learn more about plex.

Dylan Cooper

Re: Plex live tv

Post by Dylan Cooper » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:01 am

Infact i was searching for plex channels as well and i found something interesting so i thought let me share this with u guys.
Hope it will help.

Source: https://www.vpnranks.com/plex-channels/

Here you can find 21 best plex channels and Live Tv as well.