Problem with GetRecordsList

Want to write your own code to work with a VBox TV Gateway PVR? We are happy to help with concepts, APIs, best practices.
beeka

Problem with GetRecordsList

Post by beeka » Mon May 29, 2017 8:13 pm

When I use the test interface to call GetRecordsList, I am getting an error:

Code: Select all

<record-list>
<Error>
<ErrorCode>5</ErrorCode>
<ErrorDescription>Proxy Error 6</ErrorDescription>
</Error>
</record-list>
Any suggestion as to why? Other functions do work, e.g. software version and channel index. BTW: My box has sw version 2.57.

Thanks,

Steve.

beeka

Re: Problem with GetRecordsList

Post by beeka » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:34 pm

Just been looking around this and might have found something related. Something doesn't look quite right with the recordings.xml file when I look at it directly (rather than through the vbox api). There are *loads* of failed recordings... 6825 to be precise... out of 6842 recordings in total. There is an issue with programs that were set with a series recording but could not find a tuner... 2130 xml elements attempting to record one program, 1736 of another, etc. I wouldn't expect multiple records of each failure (quite apart from being puzzled by it not being able to find a tuner).

The resulting file is over 10mb and might explain the proxy error... is there a limit of the size of the recording file you allow / support for access through the api? When I get the chance I will try manually cleaning the file while the box is off and seeing if that fixes this error.

Steve.

PS: I have the recordings aimed at a NAS share, if that is significant.

beeka

Re: Problem with GetRecordsList

Post by beeka » Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:46 pm

I can confirm that removing the duplicates of the failed recordings brings the size of the recordings.xml file down to ~45kb (677 lines) and is now returned via GetRecordsList.