Sharing recordings on network

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
D0k

Sharing recordings on network

Post by D0k » Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:28 pm

I'm sure I must be missing something obvious, but I wish to add the recorded programs location to Kodi as a network video location.

I am currently using a USB hard drive attached to the Vbox.

Can anyone advise me what I should be putting in?

Thanks in advance,

Tags:

nepo

Re: Sharing recordings on network

Post by nepo » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:19 am

Hi
I wish to add the recorded programs location to Kodi as a network video location
You can't use samba, so in Kodi:
Go to system settings -> File manager -> Add source -> Browse to UPnP devices -> Vbox TV gateway ....

But why ? You don't have any rights to change/delete something, no informations about recordings .... I believe, it's much easier with TV -> Recordings

Bye nepo
vbox xti 3442 (cable) version 2.58 with usb device
Raspberry/Raspbian with Kodi 17, Mobil with Android 7, Amd64 Ubuntu16.4

D0k

Post by D0k » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanls for the suggestion, although its not working. :(

Im currently running Kodi 18 Alpha.

The recordings folder wont allow recorded meda to be played, and thought adding the location as a video folder would enable me to watch shows that I recorded.

For some reason the gateway (And UPnP itself) isn't showing on the location list.

I have also tried adding the gateways IP as a UPnP location and it's not allowing me to browse the videos.

It's quite frustrating that Samba share isn't enabled. There is no real reason to do so, especially when you can browse to the media folder in Windows itself and copy/move/edit the mpeg recordings.

cubimol

Post by cubimol » Tue May 01, 2018 9:33 am

What you want is very easy. My VBox is configured to burn to a hard drive connected to one of the router's USB ports, converting it into a network disk or a disk in the cloud, since I access it both inside and outside the home.

Direct access to the hard disk is done both by FTP and by Samba (for general applications, via router), and also by UPnP (via VBox), and naturally I have no problem with Kodi or any other Android, Windows, or Linux application.

What I have said is working for me since I bought my VBox 16 months ago.

My router has the advantage that automatically disconnects the hard drive after a time of five minutes of not using it. Otherwise the hard drive would always be consuming energy. Without a doubt the best routers for multimedia are from the ASUS brand.

Nor do I recommend using alpha versions of Kodi, the latest stable version 17.6 works very well.

nepo

Post by nepo » Tue May 01, 2018 1:07 pm

hi

@cubimol It is a good, easy and cheap solution. I use an external TVserver /TVheadend) with no problems.
Otherwise the hard drive would always be consuming energy.
The hard drive would always be consuming energy !Stand bye means not off ;)
https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/-e ... 45-16.html
Im currently running Kodi 18 Alpha.
Why :?: Alpha means the first and really unstable release - everything can happen. I use Kodi v17.6 "Krypton" with my RPI3 with no problems.
https://kodi.tv/download
Kodi v18 "Leia" Alpha 1

These are the pre final releases of Kodi, are what will eventually lead to the final version. THESE BUILDS COULD BE UNSTABLE and are for users that do not fear bugs or possibly crashes. They are mainly used for development to help us in testing for the upcoming releases. If you want a stable HTPC then please install a stable build instead
vbox xti 3442 (cable) version 2.58 with usb device
Raspberry/Raspbian with Kodi 17, Mobil with Android 7, Amd64 Ubuntu16.4