OTA Updates for VBox XTi 3442

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
cubimol

OTA Updates for VBox XTi 3442

Post by cubimol » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:05 pm

A few days ago I requested a new firmware version of vboxcomm support for my VBox XTi 3442, and I received the XTI_VJ.2.58 version which is without a doubt the best firmware I've seen.

I have two requests:

1.- Why does not the OTA firmware update work automatically in any firmware version? I request that the OTA update work.

2.- Why are not new firmware updates published in this forum ?. I request that firmware updates be published in this forum.

VBox is an excellent product poorly known. I think the reason for this is the poor post-sales support, in addition to the software and firmware failures that have occurred so far, ... and why are not VBox devices sold on amazon.es, amazon.co.uk, amazon.fr, amazon.de, etc.?.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: OTA Updates for VBox XTi 3442

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:06 pm

Hi @cubimol
Thank you for your feedback
New FW are pushed gradually to all our customers via the OTA update - usually it takes about 4 to 6 weeks until it becomes fully available
To receive the version before it becomes available to your device you can contact our support

We have multiple versions of our FW - and we need to know your devices model in order to match the right version - all FW versions have the same features and functions, the only difference is hardware compatibility - therefore we cannot provide direct links to our FW on the forum and ask that you will contact us via E-Mail or wait for the OTA update

bloodroses

Re: OTA Updates for VBox XTi 3442

Post by bloodroses » Sat Mar 17, 2018 6:58 am

Hi my VBOX is not connected online, why don't you let your customers to download manually the new firmware 2.58?
Anyway i'll appreciate to receive it. I already sent an email to support.
Regards :)

Hardware Revision A0
Manufacture ID 0828
Product Number 3442
Product Name 3442-21