Kodi krypton app buggy

Live TV, EPG, Recordings, Pay TV CAM, Remote Access and other issues
Lee

Kodi krypton app buggy

Post by Lee » Sun Mar 19, 2017 9:48 pm

Hi. Since updating to kodi krypton I've had varying success in getting it working. First time I installed it kodi became very slow and crashed from time to time. After starting a fresh I now won't load the prv client but opens the dialogue box saying getting guild but stays at 0%. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

lgnch

Re: Kodi krypton app buggy

Post by lgnch » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:17 pm

Are you running it on windows 10? I have found that the windows 10 store version is a little slower on updates, and some issues have arisen but these are usually with the Kodi app not the VBOX. Are you using the VBox plugin with the VBox? It is unclear if you are using a VBox or if your question is about Kodi, if it is about Kodi you should put the issue forward in their help forums. If you are having trouble with the VBox plugin, can you post the OS version you are using?

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Hi. I'm using the vbox plugin on kodi on a android box. Kodi runs fine until I enable the plug in then goes ok again if I disable it. It worked fine with Jarvis. Thank for help

lgnch

Post by lgnch » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:50 pm

I doubt it is the app as I have tested on Kodi Krypton without incident, so bear with me as I work through some diagnostic tests with you to try and help. What version of android OS?

Have a look at your VBox config in Kodi and make sure it is connecting to the correct ip and ports: defaults are port 80 and 55555 as long as you have not changed them then these should be entered in the first tab - not the external tab. If these settings are correct, double check it with the VBox app in the google store. If the VBox app works fine then it is another issue and we can keep looking. If it does not, then check your wireless router. I have found that some older routers do not handle unicast well and needs to be updated to modern Ethernet protocols. I recommend the ASUS gaming wireless routers a/g/n 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz for best performance, but any brand with as close to specs will do.

Try this and get back to me with the results.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Hi. Thanks for the response. The issue was with kodi 17 but now I've updated to 17.1 it's working fine. Maybe corrupt installation or something as you had no issues. Thanks all the same.

Lee

Post by Lee » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:30 pm

I now have a new problem. The epg in the U.K. Does not include BBC channels with the over the air listings on vbox for some reason. Following another thread I had add a URL to the external epg. This as worked great for the listings but as now caused kodi to crash when loading the epg. This is not only a problem with the android build but also the windows one. Any ideas how I can fix this with out going back to the ota listings thanks. The URL in extras xmltv network manual is http://xmltv.co.uk/xmltv.co.uk.xml

lgnch

Post by lgnch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:05 am

I am pretty sure we discovered - noted in the other thread - that, that XML has problems. I am still trying to find a reliable one, and VBox are looking to see why the xml is causing issues. For now I suggest trying to find a better XML and post it here if you do :)

Lee

Post by Lee » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:35 am

Hi. Thanks for the quick reply. I could be wrong but the issue seems to be with the vbox kodi addon rather than a bad xml file as it's now working fine with the app on iPhone or iPad with full listings. This is one way of using if it on android too but as your aware it's very slow and clunky and was before using xlm file. Also it's fine with iptvsimple client but that doesn't allow to set recordings as far as I can see. Do you agree the addon seems the likely cause in this case? Thanks

Also is 2.56 the current firmware for the 3442

These little issues are a shame really cause otherwise it's a good concept and would certainly advise friends to ditch there cable pvrs but quite a lot of hoops to jump though currently.

lgnch

Post by lgnch » Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:01 pm

I have found that Kodi does sometimes initiate a weird timeshift with the XML file (something to do with how Kodi is reading the data from the stream that causes the clock to flash/init, very visible on MRMC if the app is left running rather then doing the swipe close and restart each day) and a restart of Kodi fixes the issue. So, yes, perhaps it is a Kodi issue. I will have the VBox team take a look at the addon just in case, and would suggest you escalate the question to the Kodi forums with the header - xml read problems from streamed xml source.

Assuming you are using the XML within the VBox, you can also try using the xml file directly within the Kodi VBox add-on under EPG and see if that helps at all?

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:36 am

I suggest that we will try to look into why you do not see the guide on your BBC channels
Can you please look in the Tuner status page - what is the BER, RF and SNR level
Also please open the Program Guide setting page - found under Streaming and press the sync now button, see if you are getting any error message
Then open any VBox live TV app and see if the BBC channels have guide

Please note that, guide for the HD channels is not transmitted in a standard way on Freeview and may of our customers are using the Channels pairing