EPG Setup for DVB-T2 for Freeview UK

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
tarmacalastair

Re: EPG Setup for DVB-T2 for Freeview UK

Post by tarmacalastair » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:13 pm

I can't agree with you there. How can you say it's not a Vbox issue?? I've just bought a Vbox and now it's an issue! And the guide works fine on my 15 month old TV so it obviously can work if the suppliers are willing to work on it.

I bought the Vbox on the strength of the advertising. For example at http://www.vboxcomm.com/product-page/terrestrial.html:
The V@Home Advantages:

Live TV – Bring multiple Live Aerial channels to mobile and connected devices across your home
Whole House PVR - Record your favorite live or scheduled TV programs from your mobile devices, to a network or attached storage
Multi-Device - Stream live and recorded TV directly to your iPad, iPhone, tablet, smartphone, PC, or TV connected to a media streamer, Android box or game console
Multi-Room - Distribute your Aerial TV feed in full broadcast quality, over your IP network, avoiding complex TV installation and reception issues
Multi-User - View multiple channels simultaneiously
Cross-Platform - Watch live TV with VBox's free iOS, Adnroid and Chrome apps or with any UPnP device or application you already own
Quality - Enjoy full broadcast TV quality up to Full HD 1080p with 3D and surround sound
TV Guide - Free TV program guide (EPG)
I am a consumer and I expect a product to work as described (there should be no need for external XML stuff according to the product website). I've had the product for just a few days. There were no instructions beyond switch on and follow the Quick Setup. Not exactly easy, nor quick. I have spent hours trying to make it work due to the lack of instructions.

myface.book

Post by myface.book » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:24 pm

Did you contact the vbox support? they offer very good support
Your TV is most likely Freeview approved and therefore can process the HD guide, as you can see from the Kodi forum, the HD content in protected in order to restrict HD content recording.
This is not the case with the vbox and the product provides a number of solutions all-are-free to get program guide, some are simple like channel pairing that I am using and there is the more complex XMLTV option

If you are using channel pairing then the product is very 1,2,3 simple, run quick setup, scan, choose channels, set recording option, select pairing and your done...

I do understand your point of not selecting the SD channel at all and I would add this as a future request to the manufacturer, however for now all I can think of is you can sort the HD channels to the top of the list

Hope this helps

tarmacalastair

Post by tarmacalastair » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:57 pm

Thanks for your help. I will live with the channel matching for the moment and contact Vbox support.

I naively assumed that Vbox support would read this forum and offer their help directly to the customer via the forum.

Can we ssh to the Vbox and set up an XMLTV solution on it or does it have to be done externally?

myface.book

Post by myface.book » Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Don't think you can ssh or install something on the device. from the EPG collector forum it seems that it is working well - https://sourceforge.net/p/epgcollector/ ... /aac4d573/