Slow EPG and other setup queries

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
Simon123

Slow EPG and other setup queries

Post by Simon123 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:20 pm

I got a 3442 in the black friday deal but only just had the time to set it up. I have a few questions.....

I have downloaded the Android app but navigating the 'guide' is very slow, is there any way to speed this up?

How can I search the 'Guide' for a particular show? My 10 year old Humax box that I was hoping to replace can do this, it also allows me to search by 'genre' ie films, etc. but I cant find the search option in the android app, maybe I need to use another app such as kodi or the win10 app?

I would like to setup the remote access but my upload speed at home is 0.3mbps which I understand from another thread is too slow for streaming content but will it be enough for me to navigate the EPG and set recordings up?

Thanks,
Simon

nepo

Re: Slow EPG and other setup queries

Post by nepo » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:59 am

hi
I have downloaded the Android app but navigating the 'guide' is very slow, is there any way to speed this up?
You can install the beta-version. Contact the VBox email support to receive the beta - very fast response :D . For me it's help. Or you can use kodi, it's much faster, because kodi download the whole guide at once.
How can I search the 'Guide' for a particular show? My 10 year old Humax box that I was hoping to replace can do this, it also allows me to search by 'genre' ie films, etc. but I cant find the search option in the android app, ...
There are only a minimum functionality for the Android App or web ManageApp to search or planned recording :(
maybe I need to use another app such as kodi
That's right or you can used the vbox with e.g. TVheadend, VDR ....
I would like to setup the remote access but my upload speed at home is 0.3mbps which I understand from another thread is too slow for streaming content but will it be enough for me to navigate the EPG and set recordings up?
For home network there should be no problems to stream or navigate (with beta version), Outside the home network no chance to stream with 0.3mbps. We talk about ~10 -12 MBits (HD content) and ~ 3-5 MBits (SD content)
Bye nepo!

Simon123

Post by Simon123 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:29 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I dont mind using Kodi if it is faster to navigate the guide, do you know if you can set recordings up to the USB stick in the Vbox using Kodi?

Am I correct in thinking that TVHeadend, VDR, MythTV, etc would all require a server to run the backend on? Or can I run that on the vbox?

Thanks for the help,
Simon

nepo

Post by nepo » Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:54 am

hi

Code: Select all

I dont mind using Kodi if it is faster to navigate the guide, do you know if you can set recordings up to the USB stick in the Vbox using Kodi?
yes, that's the normal configuration. Important issue for padding viewtopic.php?f=11&t=106&p=341&hilit=padding#p341 and http://www.vboxcomm.com/how-to-setup-vb ... ypton.html

Code: Select all

Am I correct in thinking that TVHeadend, VDR, MythTV, etc would all require a server to run the backend on?
Right!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBox_Home_TV_Gateway -> -> Compatibility and apps options
http://www.vboxcomm.com/shop-support/faq.html -> How to work with the m3u channel playlist

Bye