Slow and unresponsive

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
frunk

Slow and unresponsive

Post by frunk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi,

I purchased a 3442 a few weeks ago and popped it on the network at home (direct to a gigabit switch).

I believe I have the latest software: XTI_VJ.2.57

However everything is SO slow and unresponsive that it effectively does not work.

For example, type in it's IP and bring up the status screen... that takes 20 seconds.
I battled through the setup - most of the time it will not manage to progress to the tuning screen - after reboot or two I got it and managed to tuning screen and got it working.

But it only works for a few hours before it slows down so much it is effectively broken.

Another example:
Start the app on an Android device, it sees the server fine. I try to select it on the screen and it just times out saying the TV Gateway cannot be found. Kodi times out and shows nothing and that is all gigabit wired.

The whole UI takes at least 20-30 seconds to respond... and often gives errors. For example - click on Streaming and after 20 seconds it eventually comes back with: Error 463: Could not open streamer proxy

I have no proxy, have never specified one.. and seems to be the only error in the logs

Although I thought I had setup the box it now wants to be setup again... and I can't get to the tuner screen... although looking at the logs it is tuning.

When I hard reboot the box... it works... for a few hours, then becomes a useless box again.

No-one else is complaining at the responsiveness of the box, so I am guessing it is just me. Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? As far as i am concerned it "just does not work"

Status shows CPU usage of about 10% and memory at about 50%... so the box is not overloaded.

Help!

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Slow and unresponsive

Post by admin@vbox » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:13 pm

Hi Please contact the VBox support we'll send you the new RC1 FW version I hope that it will help
I also suggest that you will try to run quick setup again, as it seems that the Proxy server is crashing so a fresh install may help

frunk

Post by frunk » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Okay - just installed the update you gave me and it is now a world different! fast, responsive, no pages hanging... can even update icons. Will test drive it a few days and get back to you with any issues.

Thanks for the fast and (so far) effective response :)

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Dec 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Thanks for the update and please feel free to let us know if you do find an issue

LiorMesi

Post by LiorMesi » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:53 am

Hi
Same problem here :(

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Dec 25, 2017 6:58 am

Hi LiorMesi
Please contact the VBox email support to receive the beta

eljbee