Channel Scanning Issues

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
braz

Channel Scanning Issues

Post by braz » Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:12 am

Hello everyone,

last week i bought the vbox 3442 for DVB-C. I am located in Germany, my cable Provider is Unitymedia :? .

After first Channel Autoscan i got many channels and everything seems to be fine. But after a closer look, i saw there are missing some channels.
Mainly i bought the vbox to watch the german private channels prosieben, RTL, Vox and so on in my sleeping room, where is no tv socket (coax).

But the channels for which reason i bought the vbox aren't in my list. So i investigate and found out, These channels are at 114000 khz, 6900 , 256QAM located.

At Autoscan, 114000 khz isn't in the scanning list. If i try to scan Manual, it don't find any channels at 114000 khz, it says "unable to lock"(on a red Background)..what does this mean?

I also tried to autoscan and after that adding the frequency later over the menue adding channel(stream->add channel)...i wrote the frequency,symbolrate and so on in the table, checked it to scan and clicked on the "scan" button, but the page loaded new and a blank page appeared but nothing happened, is this conventional? :cry:

so i am running out of ideas :idea: how to get my favourite channels at 114 mhz, so please help me :(

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Channel Scanning Issues

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Aug 27, 2017 2:04 pm

Hi I just to try and use the add channel option and select 114000 and make sure that both symbol rate and QAM are correct, if the scan returns a blank page, please contact the VBox support directly - support@vboxcomm.com
I would like to send you a different FW and see if it will help

braz

Post by braz » Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi admin,

sorry for the late answer. the problem was a wrong tv socket from the prevoius owner of my house. i've changed it and now everything is fine, thanks for your help.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:10 am

Great, thanks for letting me know