Plex

Setup issues? Scanning issues? Network problems? Other questions? This is the place you want to be.
Dylan Cooper

Plex

Post by Dylan Cooper » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:06 pm

Is plex software good for streaming?

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Re: Plex

Post by admin@vbox » Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:23 pm

hello @Dylan
You can use Plex to stream your recordings,
Fro a list of supported live TV platform please visit our player page - http://www.vboxcomm.com/players

Dylan Cooper

Plex VPN

Post by Dylan Cooper » Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:37 pm

I want to integrate my Plex & VPN, because i wanted my data to be secured and i want freedom of internet,so I started digging for reviews and came up with this detailed review:

https://www.vpnranks.com/plex-vpn/

What do you guys think ? And which VPN provider should I go for ?

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:54 am

hello @Dylan
Thank you for sharing the link, unfortunately we do not have experience with VPN so we cannot recommend.
As streaming your TV content to yourself using the VBox is legal there is no need for our customers to use VPN

Dylan Cooper

Post by Dylan Cooper » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:21 am

hi admin@vbox
But how could i overcome with geo-restriction while streaming?
If i won't use VPN or without integration of plex with vpn?

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 am

Using VBox there are no geo-restrictions as you are streaming your aerial/cable/satellite channels over the internet to your self

Dylan Cooper

Post by Dylan Cooper » Wed Aug 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Dylan Cooper wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:21 am
hi admin@vbox
But how could i overcome with geo-restriction while streaming?
If i won't use VPN or without integration of plex with vpn?
As i know, i dont think that with out integration your plex media server with a vpn you can overcome geo-restriction while streaming.
You must need a vpn to get a freedom on internet.

admin@vbox
Site Admin

Post by admin@vbox » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:57 am

There are no geo restrictions in broadcast live TV, as long as you are using the VBox to stream that content to yourself while away from home you should not have any legal issues

beeka

Post by beeka » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:05 pm

I am not familiar with plex, but there are two main reasons why you might want a VPN (regardless of Plex).

1) Be able to fool geo-restricted sites to think you are accessing from a country that differs from your physical one. So if you are on holiday in Spain and wanted to stream BBC iPlayer, which is only meant to be available if you are in the UK, you could use a VPN so that the BBC servers receive a connection from a UK ip address.

2) Be able to access your home network securely while away from home. All communication is encrypted and is a lot safer than leaving a HTTP server running directly on the internet.

So you don't need a VPN for geo-locked streaming when using the v-box, as the broadcast feeds are not restricted in that way. However setting up your broadband router so that you can access the box directly from the internet is not particularly safe and instead using a VPN to extend your home network to a mobile device is advised.

Steve.